Gonzaga University is one of the very good universities in Washington, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Gonzaga University.
Gonzaga University is a private, Roman Catholic university in Spokane, Washington. It is accredited as an institution by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. It was founded in 1887 by the Society of Jesus, the university is named for the young Jesuit Saint Aloysius Gonzaga.
Gonzaga is one of the reputed universities in Washington, United States. In fact, it ranks 4th in the Regional Universities West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 75 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Gonzaga University Scholarships
- Gonzaga has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Gonzaga is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 67%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Gonzaga University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Gonzaga University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 99% of students receive some kind of financial aid at Gonzaga.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $18,325.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Gonzaga writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late January
For Regular Decision: February 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Gonzaga University.