Fairfield University is one of the reputed universities in Connecticut, United States. Many highly talentd and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Fairfield University.
Fairfield University is a private Jesuit university in Fairfield, Connecticut. It was founded by the Society of Jesus in 1942, and today is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
Fairfield is one of the top catholic universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 3rd position in Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 65 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Fairfield’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Fairfield University Scholarships
- Fairfield has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Fairfield is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 61%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Fairfield University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Fairfield University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Fairfield.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,479.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Fairfield writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: November 1
Early Decision: November 15
Regular Decision: January 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Fairfield University.