Drake University is one of the reputed private universities in Iowa, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Drake University.
Drake University is a private, co-educational university in Des Moines, Iowa, United States. The university was founded in 1881 by George T. Carpenter, a teacher and preacher and Francis Marion Drake, a Union General in the Civil War. Drake was originally affiliated with the Christian Church although it has no official religious affiliation today.
Drake is one of the reputed universities in Iowa, United States. In fact, it ranks 3rd in the Regional Colleges West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 140 majors, minors, and several other concentrations. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Drake University Scholarships
- Drake has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Drake is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 67%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Drake University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Drake University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Drake.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $26,252.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Drake writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority Deadline: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Drake University.