DePauw University is one of the top liberal arts universities in Indiana, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at DePauw University.
DePauw University is a private, liberal arts university in Greencastle, Indiana. The university was founded as Indiana Asbury University in 1837 and later in 1884, it changed its name to DePauw University in honor of Washington C. DePauw.
DePauw is one of the reputed universities in Indiana, United States. In fact, it ranks 53rd position in the National Liberal Arts College in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
DePauw University Scholarships
- DePauw has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
DePauw is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 65%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at DePauw University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
DePauw University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at DePauw.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,164.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- DePauw writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
For Early Decision: December 1
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to DePauw University.