DePaul University is one of the top catholic universities in the Illinois, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at DePaul University.
DePaul University is a private, Roman Catholic university in Chicago, Illinois. It was first founded by the Vincentians in 1898 and the university takes its name from the 17th-century French priest Saint Vincent de Paul.
DePaul is one of the reputed universities in Illinois, United States. In fact, it ranks 120th in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 130 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
DePaul University Scholarships
- DePaul has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
DePaul is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at DePaul University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
DePaul University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at DePaul.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $24,428.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- DePaul writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late January
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to DePaul University.