Concordia University is one of the top private universities in Oregon, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Concordia University.
Concordia University is a private, nonprofit, Lutheran liberal arts university in Portland, Oregon in the United States. It was first opened in 1905 as a University-preparatory school but the institution added college classes in 1950 and the high school formally split in 1977.
Concordia is one of the reputed universities in Oregon, United States. In fact, it ranks 41st in the Regional Colleges West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 25 majors, minors, and several pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Concordia University Scholarships
- has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
CU-Portland is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 53%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Concordia University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Concordia University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at TLU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,146.
All applicants apply online through the Concordia Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Concordia writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Priority Deadlines 1: December 15
Priority Deadlines 2: January 15
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Concordia University.