Colby Sawyer College is one of the good private colleges in New Hampshire, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Colby Sawyer College.
Colby Sawyer College is a private baccalaureate college in New London, New Hampshire, United States. It was founded as a coeducational academy in 1837 and after a few decades, it became a liberal arts college.
Colby Sawyer is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 7th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Colby Sawyer’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Colby Sawyer College Scholarships
- The college has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Colby Sawyer is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 86%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Colby Sawyer College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Colby Sawyer College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Colby Sawyer.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $8,733.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Colby Sawyer writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Colby Sawyer College.