Chatham University is one of the top private universities in Pennsylvania, United States. Many high achieving and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Chatham University.
Chatham University is an American university that has coeducational academic programs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It was first founded as the Pennsylvania Female College on December 11, 1869 by Reverend William Trimble Beatty. Later, after a few decades, it became a coeducational institution.
Chatham is one of the reputed universities in Pennsylvania, United States. In fact, it ranks in 75th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 30 majors, 25minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Chatham University Scholarships
- Chatham has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Chatham is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 53%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Chatham University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Chatham University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Chatham.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $27,842.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Chatham writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Regular Decision: August 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Chatham University.