Carthage College is one of the good private liberal arts colleges in Wisconsin, United States. Many bright and academically talented students get good scholarships opportunity at Carthage College.
Carthage College is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States. It was established in 1847.
Carthage is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 163rd position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Carthage’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Carthage College Scholarships
- Carthage has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Carthage is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 70%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Carthage College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Carthage College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Carthage.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $16,842.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Carthage writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Carthage College.