Barry University is one of the top private catholic universities in the United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Barry University.
Barry University is a private, Catholic university in Miami Shores, Florida, a suburb north of Downtown Miami. It was founded in 1940 by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Also, it is one of the largest Catholic universities in the Southeast.
Barry is one of the reputed universities in Florida, United States. In fact, it ranks in tier 2 Regional Universities East in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and several certificates.
Barry’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Barry University Scholarships
- Barry has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Barry is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 60%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Barry University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Barry University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Barry.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,273.
All applicants apply online through the Barry Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Barry writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Barry University.