Bard College is one of the top liberal arts college in New York, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships opportunity at Bard College.
Bard College is a private liberal arts college in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. The campus overlooks the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains and is within the Hudson River Historic District, a National Historic Landmark. The college was established by John Bard in 1890.
Bard is one of the reputed colleges in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 46th in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Bard College Scholarships
- Bard has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Bard is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 54%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Bard College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Bard College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- 66% of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Bard.
- Bard offers almost $48 million worth of scholarships and grants each year.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $37,523.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Bard writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: November 1
Notification: Late December
Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Bard College.