Augustana University is one of the very good colleges in South Dakota, United States. Many highly talented and motivated students get good scholarships opportunity at Augustana University.
Augustana University is a private, Lutheran university in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The institution traces its origin to 1835 when Scandinavian immigrants established the Hillsboro Academy in Hillsboro, Illinois. Later, in 1865, few professors established the university in Sioux Falls.
Augustana is one of the reputed universities in Pennsylvania, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 3rd in Regional Colleges Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors, minors, and several pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Augustana University Scholarships
- Augustana has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Augustana is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 68%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Augustana University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Augustana Univeristy Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Augustana.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $31,239.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Augustana writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
Regular Decision: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Augustana University.