Augustana College is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in Illinois, Chicago. Many high achieving and highly motivated students get good scholarships opportunity at Augustana College.
Augustana College is a private liberal arts college in Rock Island, Illinois, United States. It was founded as Augustana College and Theological Seminary in 1860 by the Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Augustana Synod. It was first located first in Chicago but later it moved to Rock Island, Illinois in 1875.
Augustana is one of the reputed universities in Illinois, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 101st position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 74 majors, 35 minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Augustana College Scholarships
- Augustana has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Augustana is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 52%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Augustana College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Augustana College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Augustana.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $30,834.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Augustana writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
Lastly, here is the official link to Augustana College.