Alvernia University is one of the very good catholic universities in Pennsylvania, United States. Many academically talented and bright students get good scholarships at Alvernia University.
Alvernia University is a private Franciscan Roman Catholic university in Reading, Pennsylvania. The university was established in 1958.
Alvernia is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 111th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Alvernia’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Alvernia University Scholarships
- Alvernia has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Alvernia is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 72%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Alvernia University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Alvernia University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Alvernia.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,652.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Alvernia writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to Alvernia University.