Alma College is one of the reputed private liberal arts colleges in Michigan, United States. Many talented and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Alma College.
Alma College is a private liberal arts college in Alma, Michigan. The College was founded by Michigan Presbyterians in 1886 and is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.
Alma is one of the reputed colleges in Michigan, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 121st in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers over 50 academic programs including a wide selection of majors, minors and several pre-professional courses of study. Alma’s education gives students a clear knowledge of world issues and prepares them to find a solution for them.
Alma College Scholarships
- Alma has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Alma is one of the selective colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 67%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Alma College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Alma College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Alma.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,659.
All applicants apply online through the Alma Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Alma writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Alma College.