Alfred University is one of the very good universities in New York, United States. Many talented and deserving students get good scholarships opportunity at Alfred University.
Alfred University is a small, comprehensive university in the Village of Alfred, Allegany County in Western New York, United States, south of Rochester and southeast of Buffalo.
Alfred is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 48th position in Regional Universities North in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Alfred University Scholarships
- Alfred has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Alfred is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 63%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Alfred University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Alfred University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 97% of the students receive some kind of financial aid at Alfred.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,163.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Alfred writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: December 1
Notification: Late December
Lastly, here is the official link to Alfred University.