Loyola Marymount University is one of the reputed research universities in Los Angeles, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships opportunity at Loyola Marymount University.
Loyola Marymount University is a private Jesuit and Marymount research university in Los Angeles, California. The university was founded in the year 1865.
LMU is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 3rd position in Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 50 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. LMU’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
Loyola Marymount University Scholarships
- LMU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
LMU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 53%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Loyola Marymount University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Loyola Marymount University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at LMU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $27,256.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- LMU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
For Regular Decision: May 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Loyola Marymount University.