Funded Scholarships are available in University of Sheffield.
University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, England. The university has five academic faculties composing multiple departments. Moreover, Sheffield ranks among the top 10 of UK universities for research grant funding. Furthermore, it was ranked 12th in the UK amongst multi-faculty institutions for the quality (GPA) of its research and for its Research Power in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. Above all, the university is in 75th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. Also, it has affiliations with eight Nobel laureates. The university is also one of the original red brick universities, a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, the Worldwide Universities Network, the N8 Group of the eight most research intensive universities in Northern England and the White Rose University Consortium.
University of Sheffield not only has high reputation for its academics, it also has affordability due to a range of scholarships for its students. The scholarships depend upon your academic merit, financial need or faculty. One of the high-awarding scholarships is the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. The university offers 50 of the scholarship. The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree programme starting in September 2019. The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate programme at the University of Sheffield by 19 April 2019.
- Your programme should commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- Moreover, you must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- Above all, you must not be a sponsored student.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
This is a competitive process. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
- Applicant has a clear rationale for applying for a course at the University of Sheffield.
- Likewise, applicant has clear articulations of future ambitions, these goals relate to the degree they are pursuing.
- Applicant has a strong academic profile.