Scholarships are available in University of Chicago. About the university, it is a private, research university which provides quality education in various academic disciplines. It has been fulfilling its motto of ‘Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched’ since its establishment in 1890. The university consists of an undergraduate college, various graduate programs and interdisciplinary committees organized into five academic research divisions and seven professional schools. Beyond the arts and sciences, Chicago has recognition for its professional schools, which include the Pritzker School of Medicine, the Booth School of Business, the Law School, the School of Social Service Administration, the Harris School of Public Policy Studies, the Divinity School as well as the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies. Above all, the university is ranked in 9th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
University of Chicago has determination to making its education affordable to students. Therefore, UChicago is a need-blind institution, which makes admissions decisions independent of a family’s financial circumstances. Additionally, through “No Barriers” program, UChicago offers need-based financial aid that meets 100% of your family’s demonstrated need. The support is in the form of grants (which do not need to be repaid) and scholarships. Moreover, the average aid offered is calculated to be $54,438 per student. Apart from need based scholarships, the university also offers merit scholarships, on the basis of academic and extracurricular achievement, and community commitment.
Determining the Eligibility for Aid
- Review of all financial aid materials you’ve submitted. This holistic review determines the amount of your expected family contribution for one year. The family contribution will comprise contributions from student earnings, parent income, and family assets.
- As for the merit based scholarships, consideration is automatic once you submit your admission application.
Applying for Scholarship Consideration
In order to receive scholarships from the University of Chicago, firstly you need to apply to the university submitting
- Application for Admission and Supplement Essays
- Application Fee or Automatic Fee Waiver
- Secondary School Report and Transcript
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (International Applicants)
- Midyear Report
In addition, to get financial support on need, you should submit
- FAFSA for Federal Aid
- UChicago Financial Aid Worksheet For UChicago Aid
- Parents’ Last-Year Tax Returns
- Also, the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) for International Applicants
The deadline of submission of financial aid forms is February 15 for Regular Decision applicants.