Northwestern University is a private research university in Evanston, Illinois. Many deserving students get full scholarships at Northwestern University. Along with its undergraduate programs, Northwestern is famous for its Kellogg School of Management, Pritzker School of Law, Feinberg School of Medicine, Bienen School of Music, Medill School of Journalism, as well as McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science.
Moreover, the university has its affiliations with 19 Nobel Prize laureates, 38 Pulitzer Prize winners, six MacArthur Genius Fellows, 16 Rhodes Scholars, 65 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and two Supreme Court Justices. Above all, the university is in 34th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
100% of the freshmen with need at Northwestern received financial aid. Moreover, the university meets 100% of the need of its students. The scholarship depends upon the academics of the student and demonstrated need. A number of scholarships are there, for instance, Founder Scholarship, Karr Achievement Scholarship, and Northwestern Endowed Scholarships as well.
There is the Northwestern University Scholarship, which is generally the final component of an aid package, meeting any remaining need after other forms of aid. Approximately 61% of undergraduates received a Northwestern University Scholarship.
Eligibility for the Northwestern University Scholarship
Awards depend on demonstrated institutional financial need besides the availability of funding at the time the student applies. Recipients come from a wide range of income backgrounds.
$250 to over $40,000 annually
Students who apply for aid will automatically be considered. Students need to apply to the university to be eligible for the scholarships. Submit the following documents to apply to the university
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Official secondary school transcript beside the school report
- Counselor recommendation
- Similarly, at least one teacher recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (ONLY required for international applicants whose first language is not English or whose schooling has not been in English)
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75 or application fee waiver
- Early Decision Agreement (ONLY Early Decision applicants)
- Also, midyear transcript (ONLY Regular Decision applicants)
- Likewise, music audition (ONLY School of Music applicants)
- Required for homeschooled applicants ONLY: 3 SAT subject tests
To be eligible for financial aid from the university, submit
- CSS Profile
- A copy of your parents’ national tax forms from the most recent tax year, OR, if your country does not have an annual tax form, an official statement/letter of earnings from each parent’s employer verifying income with official signatures and/or seal