Youngstown State University is one of the reputed public research universities in Ohio, United States. Many academically excellent and bright students get good scholarships at Youngstown State University.
Youngstown State University is a public research university in Youngstown, Ohio, United States. Founded in 1908, it serves over 12,000 students in studies up to the doctoral level.
YSU is one of the reputed universities in Ohio, United States. In fact, it ranks 61st in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 130 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Youngstown State University Scholarships
- YSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
YSU is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 65%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Youngstown State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Youngstown State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at YSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,642.
All applicants apply online through the Youngstown State University. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- YSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Regular Decision: August 22
Lastly, here is the official link to Youngstown State University.