Worchester Polytechnic Institute is one of the top research universities in the United States. Many bight and brilliant students get good scholarships at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute is a private research university in Worcester, Massachusetts, focusing on the instruction and research of technical arts and applied sciences. It was established in 1865.
WPI is one of the top public universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 59th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers 33 majors and 39 minors across various fields of study like engineering, business, arts, social science, and humanities.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Scholarships
- WPI has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
WPI is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 55% of the students receive need-based aid at WPI.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,107.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- WPI writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: February 1
Notification: Mid April
Lastly, here is the official link to the Worcester Polytechnic Institute.