Winona State University is one of the very good public university in Minnesota, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Winona State University.
Winona State University is a public university located in Winona, Minnesota, United States. It was founded as Winona Normal School in 1858 and is the oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Winona is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks 64th in the Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 80 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Winona State University Scholarships
- Winona has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Winona is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 60%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Winona State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Winona State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Winona.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,368.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Winona writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Spring Intake: November 1
Fall Intake: July 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Winona State University.