Wilberforce University is one of the top universities in the United States. Many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at Wilberforce University.
Wilberforce University is a private, coed, liberal arts historically black university located in Wilberforce, Ohio. Affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church, it was the first college to be owned and operated by African Americans.
Wilberforce is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 2nd position in Regional Colleges Midwest in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it currently offers 24 undergraduate programs of study (majors) leading to the BA (Bachelor of Arts) or BS (Bachelor of Science) degree. Students who are interested in exploring their interest in entrepreneurship may also pursue a minor in Entrepreneurship.
Wilberforce University Scholarships
- Wilberforce has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Wilberforce is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Wilberforce University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Wilberforce University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at Wilberforce.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $5,492.
All applicants apply online through the Wilberforce Online Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Wilberforce writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Priority deadline for fall semester: April 1
Priority deadline for spring semester: October 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the Wilberforce University.