Wichita State University is one of the good public universities in Kansas, United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships at Wichita State University.
Wichita State University is a public research university in Wichita, Kansas, United States, and governed by the Kansas Board of Regents. The university was founded in 1895.
WSU is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 228th in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 60 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Wichita State University Scholarships
- WSU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
WSU is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 86%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Wichita State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Wichita State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at WSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $8,387.
All applicants apply online through the WSU Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- WSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Wichita State University.