Whitworth University is one of the good christian liberal arts universities in Washington, United States. Many bright and deserving students get good scholarships at Whitworth University.
Whitworth University is a private Christian liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church and located in Spokane, Washington. The university was founded in 1890.
Whitworth is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 8th in the Regional Colleges West in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Whitworth University Scholarships
- Whitworth has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Whitworth is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 89%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Whitworth University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Whitworth University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Whitworth.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $17,268.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Whitworth writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Whitworth University.