West Virginia University is one of the very good public research universities in West Virginia, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships at West Virginia University.
West Virginia University is a public, land-grant, space-grant, research-intensive university in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States. The state legislature established West Virginia University on February 7, 1867.
WVU is one of the reputed universities in West Virginia, United States. In fact, it ranks 187th in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 130 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
West Virginia University Scholarships
- WVU has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
WVU is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at West Virginia University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
West Virginia University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at WVU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $6,295.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- WVU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Rolling Admission Deadline: August 1
Lastly, here is the official link to West Virginia University.