Wesleyan University is one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University is a private liberal arts college in Middletown, Connecticut. This liberal arts college was founded in 1831.
Wesleyan is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the US, in fact, it ranks 21st in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is home to a highly intellectual teaching faculty and best core curriculum.
Wesleyan features programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, engineering, management, education, and theatre. With 45 majors, 17 minors and 12 certificates—and myriad opportunities to combine all three—the choices at Wesleyan are vast.
Wesleyan University Scholarships
- Wesleyan has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets 100% of the demonstrated financial aid.
- Moreover, it provides scholarship on the basis of financial need of students, on academic excellence and athletic scholarships.
Wesleyan is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 21%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Wesleyan Univesity.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- Similarly, for art merit scholarships, students should prepare an art supplement that demonstrates their talents.
Wesleyan Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated financial need.
- Wesleyan has the financial aid budget of over $45 million.
- About 56% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 47,353.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Wesleyan writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is an official link to Wesleyan University.