Watkins College of Art Design is one of the good liberal arts colleges in Tennessee, United States. Many academically excellent and brilliant students get good scholarships at Watkins College of Art Design and Film.
Watkins College of Art Design and Film is a four-year art and design college in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. This college was founded in 1885.
Watkins is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 2945th in the Regional Colleges Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 10 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Watkins College of Art Design and Film Scholarships
- Watkins has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Watkins is one of the universities with low selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 97%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Watkins College of Art Design and Film.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Watkins College of Art Design and Film Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Watkins.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $7,337.
All applicants apply online through the Watkins Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Watkins writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to Watkins College of Art Design and Film.