Washington and Lee University is one of the highly reputed universities in the United States. Many bright and talented students get good scholarships at Washington & Lee University.
Washington and Lee University is a private liberal arts university in Lexington, Virginia. Established in 1749, the university is a colonial-era college and the ninth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
W&L is one of the best universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 10th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intelletcual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers 37 undergraduate majors and 29 minors, including a number of interdisciplinary programs.
Washington & Lee University Scholarships
- W&L has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
W&L is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 26%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the Washington & Lee University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Washington & Lee University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- However, the university commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Washington & Lee has the financial aid budget of over $60 million.
- Similarly, it provides free tuition to the families with the income less than $100,000.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 44,340.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- W&L writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Washington & Lee University.