Washington & Jefferson College is one of the top liberal arts colleges in the United States. Many talented and bright students get good scholarships at Washington & Jefferson College.
Washington & Jefferson College is a private liberal arts college in Washington, Pennsylvania. The college traces its origin to three log cabin colleges in Washington County established by three Presbyterian missionaries to the American frontier in the 1780s.
W&J is one of the reputed universities in Pennsylvania, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 96th position in National Liberal Arts College in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers 32 majors and 27 minors in a variety of rewarding fields. Their pre-law and pre-health programs, in particular, are internationally recognized. They also provide students with pre-professional and special programs, emphases, concentrations, and other academic opportunities.
Washington & Jefferson Scholarships
- W&J has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
W&J is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Washington & Jefferson College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Washington & Jefferson Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Almost 99% of students receive some kind of financial aid at W&J.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $40,000.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- W&J writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: December 1
For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Washington & Jefferson College.