Warren Wilson College is one of the very good liberal arts colleges in North Carolina, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at Warren Wilson College.
Warren Wilson College is a private four-year liberal arts college near Asheville, North Carolina, in the Swannanoa Valley. The College was founded by the Presbyterians in 1894, and still maintains a covenant relationship with the Presbyterian Church.
Warren Wilson is one of the reputed universities in North Carolina, United States. In fact, it ranks 140th in the National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 20 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Warren Wilson College Scholarships
- Warren Wilson has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Warren Wilson is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 80%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Warren Wilson College.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Warren Wilson College Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Warren Wilson.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $28,328.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Warren Wilson writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late January
Lastly, here is the official link to Warren Wilson College.