Valparaiso University is one of the reputed private universities in Indiana, United States. Many academically talented and bright students get good scholarships at Valparaiso University.
Valparaiso University is a regionally accredited private university in Valparaiso, Indiana, United States. The university is a coed, four-year, Lutheran institution and it is commonly known as Valpo. The university was established in 1859.
Valpo is one of the reputed universities in Indiana, United States. In fact, it ranks 4th in the Regional Universities Midwest in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Valaparaiso University Scholarships
- Valparaiso has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Valparaiso is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 80%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Valparaiso University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Valaraiso University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Valparaiso.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $27,268.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Valparaiso writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late January
Lastly, here is the official link to Valparaiso University.