The University of Virginia is one of the top ranking public research universities in the United States. As it has a generous aid/grant budget, many brilliant and highly talented students get good scholarships at the University of Virginia.
The University of Virginia is a public research university in Charlottesville, Virginia. It was founded in 1819 by Declaration of Independence author and former President Thomas Jefferson.
UVA is one of the best public research university in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 25th position in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Also, it is 3rd in Best Public University ranking in the United States.
Likewise, UVA has one of the best curriculums and faculties and offers more than 85 majors covering the field of STEM, social sciences, humanities, and arts.
University of Virginia Scholarships
- UVA has a need-blind policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it meets the full demonstrated need of all the admitted students.
UVA is one of the most selective public universities in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 29%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarship opportunity at the University of Virginia.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- Similarly, students have a keen interest in engaging in research as the majority of UVA students are involved in the research.
University of Virginia Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission without considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, it meets full demonstrated financial need of the admitted students through grants, work-study, and loans.
- UVA has the financial aid budget of over $45 million.
- About 42% of the incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was 34,483.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UVA writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to University of Virginia.