Scholarships are available for international students also at the University of Technology Sydney.
University of Technology Sydney is a public research university in the Australian state of New South Wales. Established in 1988, the university is one of the world’s leading young universities (under 50 years old), 1st in Australia besides being 10th in the world. It offers courses in varieties of subject areas, for instance data science, business, education, health, engineering, and more. Also, UTS is a member of the Australian Technology Network, the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Above all, the university is in 160th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
UTS offers a range of scholarships for the students enrolling at all of its faculties. Moreover, the scholarships range in amount upto full tuition. The full tuition scholarship is a merit based scholarship, namely the International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship. This Scholarship supports high achieving commencing international students enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be an international student at the time of application (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia); and
- Also, meet all admission requirements for the selected course; and
- commence full-time studies on campus; and
- have completed an Australian Year 12 or high school studies comparable to an Australian Year 12, no longer than three (3) years prior to commencing at UTS and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS; and
- have an overall mark of 85% or equivalent in a UTS recognized high school qualification; and
- all applicants must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
The scholarship provides full tuition fees for the standard duration of Bachelor degree.
The Scholarship is for the highest ranked applicant(s) on the basis of academic merit in the academic qualification used as a basis for admission into the selected UTS Bachelor degree program coupled with the applicant’s response to the following question: “How do you intend to use your UTS degree to make a positive contribution to the community?