Fully Funded Scholarship is available at University of Rochester.
University of Rochester is a private research university in Rochester, New York. The university grants undergraduate and graduate degrees, including doctoral and professional degrees. Moreover, the university’s Eastman School of Music, ranks first among music schools in the U.S. Furthermore, the Sibley Music Library at Eastman is the largest academic music library in North America and holds the third largest collection in the United States. Also, the university has affiliations with 16 Nobel Laureates and 12 Pulitzer Prize winners. Above all, the university is in 184th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
University of Rochester offers two types of financial assistance: support based on merit and support based on need. The financial aid package mostly includes both types of aid. The average aid is $51612. Moreover, the university meets 100% of its students’ demonstrated need. But, the merit based aid is independent of a family’s need. The merit scholarships at Rochester amounts range from $2,000 per year to full tuition. The Alan and Jane Handler Endowed Scholarship is the full tuition scholarship at the university. It is based on academic excellence, outstanding potential to be future leaders, and demonstrated mastery of complex challenges.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- All admitted undergraduate applicants to the College gain consideration.
- Merit scholarships are awarded to students during the admission process and renewed annually if satisfactory academic performance and full-time status are maintained.
- The ideal candidates have:
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Also, potential to be future leaders
- Mastery of complex challenges
- In addition, high financial need
- A more-than-full-tuition, four-year scholarship to the University of Rochester
- Moreover, individual mentoring and academic support
- $5,000 in guaranteed funding to support academic or professional enrichment
- Access to a special alumni network made up of past Handler Scholars
To gain consideration for the scholarship, apply to the University of Rochester by submitting
- Common Application or the Coalition Application
- Secondary school transcript
- Also, official test scores
- Teacher recommendation (one required)
- School report/counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report (when available)
- Final transcript (when available)
- College transcript (if applicable)
- English language exam results OR English Proficiency Requirement Waiver Request
- International Financial Support Form (IFSF)
You need to submit your application to the university by January 5.