University of Melbourne is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. Having the motto of “May I grow in the esteem of future generations”, it was established in 1853. It is a public research university located in one of the world’s most liveliest cities, Melbourne. Moreover, with a strong research performance, excellence in learning and teaching, and intellectual and social capital, the University is consistently among the top universities. Above all, it is ranked in 39th position globally in QS World University Rankings 2019. It comprises 11 separate academic units and has associations with numerous institutes and research centres, including the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research as well as the Grattan Institute.
The university enrols students in various academic units. Moreover, it offers scholarships to deserving students. The scholarships are available for various categories. One of the scholarships for international students is the Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship. The scholarship benefits talented undergraduate students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia
- have completed Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia
- have applied for a University of Melbourne undergraduate course via VTAC for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program).
The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is based on the merit and is available to all students who satisfy the undergraduate course prerequisites and:
- achieved an ATAR of at least 99.90, or
- intend to undertake the Bachelor of Music and achieved an ATAR of at least 99.85 and achieved an audition score of A+ , or
- are of Indigenous Australian descent and achieved an ATAR of at least 90
You are automatically considered for the scholarship. Eligible students who have applied for admission to the University via VTAC will be automatically considered for this award.
- A 50% tuition fee remission for the standard full-time duration of a Bachelor degree course
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2,500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- Also, guaranteed International Full Fee place in one of the professional master degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the master degree.