The University of Kentucky is one of the good public universities in Kentucky, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships at the University of Kentucky.
The University of Kentucky is a public co-educational university in Lexington, Kentucky, United States. It was founded in 1865 by John Bryan Bowman.
UK is one of the reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 133rd in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Kentucky Scholarships
- UK has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UK is one of the universities with high selectivity in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 90%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Kentucky.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Kentucky Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UK.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $11,247.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UK writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Action: December 15
Regular Decision: February 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Kentucky.