The University of Alabama is one of the reputed universities in Alabama, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of Alabama.
The University of Alabama is a public research university in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It is the flagship of the University of Alabama System. It was established in 1820, the University of Alabama is the oldest and largest of the public universities in Alabama.
UA is one of the reputed universities in Alabama, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 110th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Alabama Scholarships
- UA has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UA is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 52%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Alabama.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Alabama Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UA.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $23,146.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UA writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Alabama.