Funded Scholarships are available for international students also at the University of Wollongong.
University of Wollongong is a public research university in Wollongong, New South Wales. In addition, there are university education centres in Bega, Batemans Bay, Moss Vale and Shoalhaven, New South Wales, as well as three Sydney campuses. Furthermore, the university has a presence in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Moreover, UOW is one of only two Australian universities – and the only publicly funded university – to achieve 5-stars in all student experience measures: Overall experience; Skills development; Student support; Teaching quality and Learning resources and learner engagement. Above all, the university is in 218th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
University of Wollongong offers a range of scholarships for students looking to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study. The scholarships are on the basis of academics, faculty as well as region. There are horde of scholarships for instance University of Wollongong Diplomat Scholarship, University of Wollongong Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health International School Scholarship and more. One is the University Excellence Scholarship. This particular scholarship is for the international undergraduates enrolling into UOW.
The University Excellence Scholarship is offered as a 30% Tuition Fee Waiver for the minimum duration of the course as outlined in your offer letter.
- Students may be eligible if they have excellent results in one of the following categories:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent international secondary school qualification;
- Foundation Studies programs approved for direct admission to Bachelor degrees and offered at an institution recognised by UOW;
- Also, diploma or other academic pathway program approved for admission with credit exemption from an institution with which UOW has a formal agreement;
- Up to one year of study in a Bachelor degree at a recognised University, where there is no credit exemption awarded to study at UOW.
- The UES is available to students enrolling in Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only) excluding the following: Doctor of Medicine; Nursing; 4 year Nutrition & Dietetics; 4 year Exercise Science & Rehabilitation; and Education, Social Work; and Psychology (all degrees).
- Moreover, must be an international student.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will get automatic consideration when applying for admission to UOW. There is no separate application process.