The University of Wisconsin Madison is one of the reputed universities in Wisconsin, United States. Many students get good scholarships at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison is a public research university in Madison, Wisconsin. It was founded when Wisconsin achieved statehood in 1848, UW–Madison is the official state university of Wisconsin, and the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System.
UW Madison is one of the reputed universities in Madison, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 46th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 230 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Wisconsin Madison Scholarships
- UW Madison has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UW Madison is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 52%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Wisconsin Madison Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UW Madison.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $17,347.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UW Madison writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Early Decision: November 1
Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to University of Wisconsin Madison.