The University of Tennessee is one of the very good public universities in Tennessee, United States. Many talented and bright students get good scholarships at the University of Tennessee.
The University of Tennessee is a public research university in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was founded in 1794, two years before Tennessee became the 16th state. It is the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system.
UTK is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 103rd position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 150 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UTK’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Tenessee Scholarships
- UTK has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UTK is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 76%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Tennessee.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Tennessee Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UTK.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,480.
All applicants apply online through the UTK Application Portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UTK writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Regular Decision: December 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Tennessee.