The University of Southern Maine is one of the reputed public universities in Maine, United States. Many bright and highly talented students get good scholarships at the University of Southern Maine.
The University of Southern Maine is a multi-campus public comprehensive university and part of the University of Maine System. The university was founded in 1878.
USM is one of the reputed universities in Maine, United States. In fact, it ranks in tier 2 of Regional Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Southern Maine Scholarships
- USM has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
USM is one of the moderately selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 77%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Southern Maine.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Southern Maine Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at USM.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,243.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- USM writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Southern Maine.