TheUniversity of Rochester is one of the best universities in the United States. many highly talented and high achieving students get good scholarships at the University of Rochester.
The University of Rochester is a private research university in Rochester, New York. It was first founded in 1850 and has been providing a world-class education to its students ever since.
Rochester is one of the reputed universities in New York, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 34th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 200 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Rochester Scholarships
- Rochester has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Rochester is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 47%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Rochester.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Rochester Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at Rochester.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $41,107.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Rochester writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Late December
For Regular Decision: January 5
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to University of Rochester.