The University of Portland is one of the very good universities in Oregon, United States. Many talented and deserving students get good scholarships at the University of Portland.
The University of Portland is a private Roman Catholic university located in Portland, Oregon, United States. It was founded in 1901 and is affiliated with the Congregation of Holy Cross, which also founded UP’s sister school the University of Notre Dame.
UP is one of the reputed universities in Oregon, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 6th position in Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 40 majors, minors, and several certificates. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
University of Portland Scholarships
- UP has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UP is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 59%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Portland.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Portland Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of students receive some kind of financial aid at UP.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $20,271.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UP writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Regular Decision: January 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Portland.