The University of New Orleans is one of the reputed public university in Louisiana, United States. Many bright and brilliant students get good scholarships at the University of New Orleans.
The University of New Orleans, often referred to locally as UNO, is a medium-sized, metropolitan, public research university located on the New Orleans lakefront within New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. It is a member of the University of Louisiana System and the Urban 13 association.
UNO is one of the top public research universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 197th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 35 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UNO’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of New Orleans Scholarships
- UNO has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UNO is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 59%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of New Orleans.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of New Orleans Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UNO.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,128.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UNO writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of New Orleans.