The University of New Haven is one of the reputed private universities in Connecticut, United States. Many academically excellent and talented students get good scholarships at the University of New Haven.
The University of New Haven is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational university located in West Haven, Connecticut. It was established in 1920.
UNH is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 94th position in Regional Universities North in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 100 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UNH’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of New Haven Scholarships
- UNH has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UNH is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 79%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of New Haven.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of New Haven Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UNH.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $30,528.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UNH writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: December 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of New Haven.