The University of New Hampshire is one of the very good public research universities in New Hampshire, United States. Many bright and academically excellent students get good scholarships at the University of New Hampshire.
The University of New Hampshire is a public research university with its main campus in Durham, New Hampshire. It was founded and incorporated in 1866 as a land grant college in Hanover in connection with Dartmouth College. In 1893, UNH moved to Durham.
UNH is one of the top universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in the 98th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, and core curriculum and rigorous academics.
Likewise, it offers more than 70 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. UNH’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of New Hampshire Scholarships
- UNH has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UNH is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 75%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of New Hampshire.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of New Hampshire Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UNH.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $22,460.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UNH writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 15
For Regular Decision: February 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of New Hampshire.