The University of Miami is one of the top research universities in the state of Florida. Few talented and deserving students good scholarships at the University of Miami.
The University of Miami is a private research university in Coral Gables, Florida. A group of citizens chartered the University of Miami in 1925 with the intent to offer a unique curriculum and research facility for research programs in tropical studies.
Um is one of the top research universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks in the 46th position in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty, rigorous academics, and advanced research facility.
Likewise, it offers more than 180 majors and programs for undergraduate students across their nine schools and colleges.
University of Miami Scholarships
- UM has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
Soka is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 37%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Miami.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Miami Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- About 39% of the students receive need-based aid.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $21,732.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UM writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: April 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Miami.