The University of Massachusetts Boston is one of the reputed public research universities in Boston, United States. Many highly talented students get good scholarships at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
The University of Massachusetts Boston, also known as UMass Boston, is an urban public research university and the third-largest campus in the five-campus University of Massachusetts system.
UMass Boston is one of the top universities in Boston, United States. In fact, it ranks in the 195th position in the National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, it offers more than 105 majors and minors across the range of disciplines. Manhattan’s courses offer depth and promote immersion in an academic field of study.
University of Massachusetts Boston Scholarships
- UMass Boston has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
UMass Boston is one of the selective universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 68%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
University of Massachusetts Boston Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of the students receive need-based aid at UMass Boston.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $14,218.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- UMass Boston writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Action: November 1
Regular Decision: March 1
Lastly, here is the official link to the University of Massachusetts Boston.